Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Papa's Final Journey


Finding difficulty to breathe
Impossible to hold back tears
This vacuum cannot be filled by air
As my Papa had no peers

A man ahead of his times
Whether raising daughters
Or in matters of relationships
How severe the storm
He considered God
his anchor and ship

My Papa was full of ideas
He could anytime break into a song
He could carry all ten of us
His shoulder and mind was strong

When people around saw complex
Simplicity was his thing
He saw miracles in nature and
Positivity was his wand and wing

Each one saw him differently
Everyone perceived him as unique
as an e.g of strength of character
My Father, a lighthouse we seek

I saw all ten break into tears
I saw his siblings by his side
I saw his friends and family
With him on this final ride

What is a life well lived?
The example for all to see
Our Father is etched in our hearts
From now to eternity

Finding difficulty to breathe
Impossible to hold back tears ......

No comments: