Friday, May 15, 2020

Summer of 2020

This summer break with cook and maid unable to come, my work was cut out for me. Cooking I love to do so it was not such a challenge but what became painfully clear was the dish washing. Daily washing the dishes slowly taught me patience. It became a kind of meditation, listening to music and washing dishes became a ritual.

The other challenge when you cannot leave home due to the pandemic was to keep my productivity high. I use social media as a way to motivate me to keep working on new projects. I spent a lot of time:

  • Cooking
  • Meditation
  • Yoga
  • Story Telling (34 stories till date in YouTube)
  • Online Content Creation (Excel and Programming Videos)
  • Writing Poetry
But I am also guilty of spending a lot of time clicking pics and posting on Instagram and Facebook.

With the void in theatre, i was unable to act on stage. I was doing an online course on Coursera on Finding a Deeper and Long Term purpose. When an idea struck what if I take my love for storytelling online. These were stories I told my own children and my nephew nieces. Stories I used to tell in my catechism class. So I started by doing a series of 21 stories for children and slowly I got a few children regularly watching the stories. That got me motivated and till date have done around 34 stories in 3 sets.



Poetry has been going on for the last 5 years and this year has not been very different. I clocked around 4-5 poems a week.

Classes start next week. No travels , no workshops this summer but overall I am happy with the fun I had.

No comments: