Monday, December 28, 2015

Kochi: Adrift in Timelessness




I stood on the banks of this shore
Yearning to reach the other shore 
A ferry tempted me to step inside
But a quaint tea stall drew me aside
By the time I finished my tea
Church bells called out to me
Laughter and children's stare
Distracted me from my prayer
I hurried thru the street
In the humid Kerala heat
Making most of my vacation
Clicking pics of my excursions
I stood again on the river shore
Amazed as the light reflected on her floor
I inquired her where does she go?
"Me! It's you who wants to rush for more"


Stunned I sat down beside her
My mind took a dip inside her
Then and only then did I see
River going but yet not going to the sea
Now I saw a dog idling in shade
Ducks gliding thru the glade
Kingfisher sitting on the tree
Sea birds flying free
Now I amble thru the street
In this different Kerala heat!!
Making most of my excursion
By doing NOTHING this vacation

Title Credit : Michael Chandy
Photo Credit : Jibrael Jos

No comments: